Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Hills Are Alive ("I'm the Green Fairy!")

My adventures in the world of childcare now begin... I am responsible for the sweetest little two-year-old girl who speaks better French than I do, a rambunctious 10-year-old boy, and a sassy 15-year-old young lady. I truly felt like Maria in "The Sound of Music" when we bonded over keeping secrets and trying to make a bed. While throwing sheets from one room to the next, I sincerely considered breaking out into a rousing chorus of "My Favorite Things" (full harmony and orchestrations included), or at the very least turning curtains into clothes. On the flip side, when trying to maneuver the previously mentioned Land Rover through Metz Centre, signs in French, traffic lights microscopic, and many roads the size of a New York City alley way, I felt the considerable panic of having three lives in my hands and a car that probably costs more than I made last year. Needless to say, we spent about an hour weaving through French rues in search of the Centre Pompidou Metz, only to turn back and return home without ever achieving our destination. Once we actually locate this infamous landmark in days to come, I shall then have to conquer parking the massive beast (eep!) I am pretty sure the carnival of events has only just begun...

No comments:

Post a Comment