Thursday, March 20, 2014

Bon Printemps!

Today is time to celebrate the happiest of joys,
Of rainbows filling twilight with a grand celestial noise.

A meadow filled with poppies, some intoxicating fast,
The opium of sunshine glimpsing memories gone past.

I question why the skyline still persists in toxic cold,
I'd like to bitch slap Mother Nature if I'd be so bold.

Though Paris has been glimmering with light and cosmic beam,
The poisonous pollution likes to trick what things may seem.

And while I relish nature, through the winter I oft sigh,
Embracing later sunsets as Jack Frost waves his goodbye.

My frown lines from the chill will make me have to get botox
So come on blissful printemps, bring Happy Spring Equinox!!!

2 comments:

  1. SPRINGTIME IN PARIS , I THINK I HAVE HEARD THE WORDS BEFORE .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe so, but it's a cliché worth experiencing ; )

      Delete