Thursday, December 18, 2014

One Horse, Soap, and Sleigh

This semester has been a whirlwind to say the very least. As I often muse to myself, living in Paris has the same highs and lows as living in NYC. The difference is that the highs are always higher and the lows never as low. The whole roller coaster is just elevated to a completely new level of ridiculousness.

Classes were, if possible, more annoying than the previous year but I had more flexibility than I had before. I hit what was possibly the lowest of the financial lows I've had ever but managed to find a job that fits perfectly into my schedule and I believe will help me bring my finances to a healthier level than ever before. Love-life remained confusing as ever, never a lack of interesting men to meet in my travels but always just as hard to find one who accepts the glitterstar that is me for better or worse. Travel rose once again to a stunning level, leading me to Eastern European cities such as Budapest, Vienna, and Prague, and I stepped on Spanish soil for the very first time. I also got an amazing visit from some of my very favorite family members, seeing my Dad and Stepmom in Barcelona, and hosting my brother, sister-in-law and bestest of nephews in Paris.While I may have packed away one too many pastries this fall, I also ran my very first 5k quickly followed by my very first 10k.

When I list such amazing experiences, all tightly squeezed into a 4 month span, I have no choice but to realize how profoundly lucky I am. Especially because the good fortune doesn't end there. Tomorrow I venture home to the U.S. where I get to see my most amazing friends and family, followed quickly by a return visit to the U.K. for New Year's celebrations. As I pack and prepare for my flight to NYC, I have the sounds of the Christmas season ringing in my ears. And as my oldest friend in the world used to say "Jingle bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way. Oh what fun it is to ride in a one horse, soap, and sleigh." Happy Holidays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment